At Resolve, team members have the opportunity and support to grow as they become part of a dynamic team whose mission is to solve our client’s problems while making the world’s oceans cleaner and safer. As the maritime response and recovery industry continues to evolve, we recognize the contributions that trained and capable team members make to our position as one of the world’s leading emergency response organizations. Join a team where your experience makes a difference!
The AB Seaman position plays a critical role in the operation of the vessel. He or she be responsible to stand security-related watches, such as gangway watch or anchor watch while the ship is not underway. The AB performs general maintenance, repair, sanitation duties, and maintains the upkeep of material, equipment, and areas in the deck department. He or she maintains the ship’s metal structures by chipping, scraping, cleaning, priming, and painting
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the ship’s deck; keeping it organized
- Managing and monitoring all moorings and all ropes, wires, riggings and running gear to ensure each is in proper working order
- Maintaining external and hold steel and paintwork, addressing any areas needing repainting or repair
- Keeping watch as bridge lookouts / helmsmen, foxle / poop anchor, and gangway / hatch watches as and when required
- Assisting mooring and anchoring operations, rigging cargo gear, opening, and closing hatches
- Assisting cargo operations with securing cargo and with cargo watches or duties
- Operating winches and cranes to support the project efforts
- Managing stores, spares, and garbage
- Monitoring and maintaining accommodations, toilets, and mess rooms so that they are clean and uncluttered
- Maintaining gangway, fire patrol watches, pirate, stowaway watches
- Managing records and documentation as it relates to duties performed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active US Passport
- Must hold an active and current USCG License with endorsements for the desired position
- Must possess an Active MMC Medical card
- TWIC Card
- Must be an effective listener, team player and effective during high-pressure situations
- Articulates and communicates, both orally and written, in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work in tight or close-quarter environments
- All Prospective Employees Must Submit to A Drug Test and Background Check
This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing as part of the US Coast Guard and other compliance agency requirements
What We’re Looking For:
At Resolve Marine attitude is just as important as experience. We seek team members who bring their very best with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. In return, we strive to be the best in the industry, aspiring to create the best working culture for our employees. Our people, whether on our vessels or in the office, operate with safety in mind and maintain constant respect for each other and the environment. Ultimately, our collaborative culture and aligned teams are the key differentiators that enable us to exceed client and industry expectations. Join us in making the world’s oceans a safer and cleaner place!
If you are ready to join a winning team and take your career to the next level, Resolve Marine wants to hear from you.
Resolve Marine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this position is subject to a successful background and drug screening (where country applicable laws apply), as well as random drug testing procedures post-employment.