Location: DUTCH HARBOR, ALASKA
Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current passport, holding a current USCG License with endorsements for the desired position, MMC medicals, TWIC card.
AB (Able Seaman) – are responsible directly to the Bosun and through him to the Chief Officer.
- Keep the ship’s decks clean and tidy.
- Tend moorings and all ropes, wires, riggings and running gear.
- Maintain external and hold steel and paint work.
- Keep watches as bridge lookouts / helmsmen, foxle / poop anchor and gangway / hatch watches as and when required.
- Assist with mooring and anchoring operations, rigging cargo gear, opening and closing hatches.
- Assist with cargo operations with securing cargo and with cargo watches or duties.
- Drive winches and cranes.
- Handle stores, spares, garbage.
- Keep their accommodation, toilets and mess rooms clean and tidy.
- Maintain gangway, fire patrol watches, pirate, stowaway watches.