Website Resolve Marine
At Resolve, team members have the opportunity and support to grow as they become part of a dynamic team whose mission is to solve our client’s problems while making the world’s oceans cleaner and safer. As the maritime response and recovery industry continues to evolve, we recognize the contributions that trained and capable team members make to our position as one of the world’s leading emergency response organizations. Join a team where your experience makes a difference!
Position Summary: We are seeking qualified candidates for the Assistant Engineer position in Alaska. We are looking for candidates that have salvage, towing, emergency response and operational experience along US Coastal Waters, in and around Alaska on tug/anchor handling vessels with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Engineer.
- Working knowledge of EMD, Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar and Scania Engines, John Deere Generators, Towing winches, Towing Gears and Hydraulics
- Have stood independent engine room watches on ocean-going vessels
- Show the ability to develop and execute innovative solutions to engineering problems
- Be reliable and able to see a task through to completion, demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Have strong attention to detail and be performance results-driven
- Ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility
- Follow all safety protocols and adhere to regulations and company policies
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position the candidate will:
- Be a team player with a positive attitude who takes pride in their work
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and communicate well with coworkers, supervisors, and subordinates
- Be open and willing to learn under the Chief Engineer
- Follow all safety protocols and adhere to regulations and company policies.
The Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with a TWIC, current passport (for foreign voyages), holding a current and appropriate USCG License for the Assistant Engineer position. All Prospective Employees Must Submit to A Drug Test and Background Check.
What We’re Looking For:
At Resolve Marine, your attitude matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We look for people to bring their very best, a positive attitude, and resiliency to work. We strive to be the best in the industry, but we aspire to create the best working culture for our employees. We want our people, whether on our vessels or in the office, to always look ahead, remain mindful of safety and the environment, and be respectful towards each other because enjoying where we work and who we work with is what delivers success in everything we do.
Resolve Marine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this position is subject to a successful background and drug screening (where country applicable laws apply), as well as random drug testing procedures post-employment.