At Resolve, team members have the opportunity and support to grow as they become part of a dynamic team whose mission is to solve our client’s problems while making the world’s oceans cleaner and safer. As the maritime response and recovery industry continues to evolve, we recognize the contributions that trained and capable team members make to Resolve’s position as one of the world’s leading emergency response organizations. Join a team where your experience makes a difference!
We are seeking highly motivated Chief Engineers that are interested in accelerating their career to the next level. We are looking for candidates that have salvage, towing, emergency response, and operational experience on conventional ocean-going tug/anchor handling vessels in mainland US Coastal Waters, Gulf of Mexico, and NW Pacific/ Alaska with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as Chief Engineer.
To be successful in this position, the candidate will be a team player with a positive attitude who takes pride in their work. They will demonstrate the ability to cooperate and communicate well with coworkers, supervisors, and subordinates. They will step up as a leader but be willing to ask for support when needed. They will be reliable and able to see a task through to completion, demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills. They will follow all safety protocols, adhere to regulations, and company policies.
Chief Engineer – is directly responsible to the Master for:
- Taking charge of the ship’s technical maintenance and the safe, efficient, economical operation of all her machinery.
- Controlling all engine room procedures.
- Supervising the engineering/technical department.
- Maintaining sufficient bunkers and other essential engine-related stores and consumables.
- Supervising the safe and efficient loading and transferring of bunkers.
- Assisting Technical/Engineer Superintendents with the preparation of dry-docking specifications, supervision of repairs, and structural alterations.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of shipboard discipline and the Safety Management System.
- Supervising the day to day running of all plant and machinery with particular responsibility for the main engine
- Allocating maintenance work to the Engine Room staff.
- Supervising the Engine Room Staff’s organizational work.
- Checking lube/oil quantities and consumptions.
- Monitoring and analyzing cooling water.
- Supervising and checking the general condition/maintenance of steering gear, air conditioning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have MMC endorsement of Chief Engineer of Motor propelled vessels unlimited, 1,600(GRT) upon Oceans USCG endorsements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current passport (for foreign voyages),
- Must have a current USCG License for Chief Engineer with endorsements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Chief Engineer
- Well versed with USCG/ABS/ISM/ISPS regulatory requirements as applicable to ocean-going tugs
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a team player & leader with a positive attitude who takes pride in their work
- Has demonstrated the ability to cooperate and communicate well with coworkers, supervisors, and subordinates
- Has strong attention to detail, is performance, and results-driven to maintain vessels at all times in full readiness for any emergency response requirements
- Be reliable and demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Must follow all safety protocols and adhere to regulations and company policies
- All Prospective Employees Must Submit to A Drug Test and Background Check.
This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing as part of US Coast Guard and other compliance agency requirements
The candidate is someone who has hands-on experience on vessels with the following:
- EMD Engines
- Detroit Diesel
- Scania Engines
- John Deere Generators
- Towing winches
- Towing gears
They should be proficient in Word and Excel.
The Chief Engineer supervises the Engine Room Staff’s organizational work.
What We’re Looking For:
At Resolve Marine attitude is just as important as experience. We seek team members who bring their very best with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. In return, we strive to be the best in the industry, aspiring to create the best working culture for our employees. Our people, whether on our vessels or in the office, operate with safety in mind and maintain constant respect for each other and the environment. Ultimately, our collaborative culture and aligned teams are the key differentiators that enable us to exceed client and industry expectations. Join us in making the world’s oceans a safer and cleaner place!
If you are ready to join a winning team and take your career to the next level, Resolve Marine wants to hear from you.
Resolve Marine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this position is subject to a successful background and drug screening (where country applicable laws apply), as well as random drug testing procedures post-employment.