At Resolve, team members have the opportunity and support to grow as they become part of a dynamic team whose mission is to solve our client’s problems while making the world’s oceans cleaner and safer. As the maritime response and recovery industry continues to evolve, we recognize the contributions that trained and capable team members make to Resolve’s position as one of the world’s leading emergency response organizations. Join a team where your experience makes a difference!
The Salvage Engineer is directly responsible for the operating shipboard equipment whether on deck or engine room. He or she is also responsible for installation, maintenance and proper operation of the onsite salvage equipment – this will include, Power plants, Main engine, Aux. generators, Electric motors, Pumps, Hydraulic pumps and HPUs, Winches, Chain pullers, Heave compensators, Drill machines, Cranes, Forklifts etc.
The Salvage Engineer is a project-based position requiring domestic and international travel to project sites.
- Able to read and understand salvage plan and technical manuals
- Able to inspect, maintain, repair, and operate shipboard and salvage equipment
- Able to effectively plan and execute routine inspections and maintenance regimes for various onsite equipment to minimize operational downtime
- Able to proactively anticipate and requisition necessary spares, tools, fuel, lubes and supplies to keep the equipment running in good order
- Ability to follow salvage master instructions and work cohesively with onboard salvage technicians, mechanics, and electrician teams
- Ability to troubleshoot and offer creative solutions to technical problems
- Effectively communicate with Project Management team regarding machinery and equipment status, detailed work scope, job schedule, the impact of repairs if any on the project schedule and safety concerns
- Qualified candidates will comply with safety policies and guidelines
- Must be able to safely perform job duties in different types of weather conditions
- Ability to troubleshoot and offer creative solutions
- Effectively operate in a team environment
- Able to read, speak and understand English and able to communicate effectively with team members
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Valid First Aid, CPR and AED (Preferred)
- Bosiet along with Huet ( Preferred)
- Valid MMC with STCW training (Preferred)
- 1st engineer or Chief Engineer’s Certificate of Competency Preferred
- Welding Certification ( Preferred)
- Additional Preferred (Valid) Certifications – Forklift Operator’s license / Rigger Certification / Small boat operator / Hazard communication / Confined space entry
- OSHA 8 HR Hazwoper (40 HRs preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Technical school certification / Certificate of competency as a shipboard engineer
- 7+ years’ experience as a shipboard engineer / operating engineer/power plant engineer
- 3+ years as a salvage engineer on wreck removal and emergency response jobs
- Experience with leading salvage companies preferred
What We’re Looking For:
At Resolve Marine attitude is just as important as experience. We seek team members who bring their very best with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. In return, we strive to be the best in the industry, aspiring to create the best working culture for our employees. Our people, whether on our vessels or in the office, operate with safety in mind and maintain constant respect for each other and the environment. Ultimately, our collaborative culture and aligned teams are the key differentiators that enable us to exceed client and industry expectations. Join us in making the world’s oceans a safer and cleaner place!
If you are ready to join a winning team and take your career to the next level, Resolve Marine wants to hear from you.
Resolve Marine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this position is subject to a successful background and drug screening (where country applicable laws apply), as well as random drug testing procedures post-employment.