At Resolve, team members have the opportunity and support to grow as they become part of a dynamic team whose mission is to solve our client’s problems while making the world’s oceans cleaner and safer. As the maritime response and recovery industry continues to evolve, we recognize the contributions that trained and capable team members make to Resolve’s position as one of the world’s leading emergency response organizations. Join a team where your experience makes a difference!
The Crane Operator is responsible for ensuring all crane and lifting operations are performed safely. He or she must correct or notify the responsible person (s) of any unsafe actions and/or conditions. The Crane Operator must inform the Barge Supervisor prior to any equipment/weight move. He or she should ensure correct hand signals are used for crane operations. The Crane Operator is responsible for rigging and moving of equipment and materials and ensures all deck/equipment maintenance areas are kept clean and all tools are properly stored or racked in designated areas at all times. Crane Operators are responsible for inspecting the cranes daily.
- Complete daily inspection sheets at the start of each shift and turn sheets into the Facility Superintendent or when onsite at Projects to the Project Manager daily
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner
- Be NCCCO certified on the proper use of the equipment to be used by means of training and evaluation
- Ensure Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) are in place for all lifting operations, involving all those participating in the operation
- Perform pre-use checks prior to commencing any operations. Any defects must be recorded and passed to the Supervisor in a timely manner
- Select appropriate lifting gear
- Ensure that the lifting appliance and lifting gear is in good condition for their purpose and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions for use, specifications, and instructions
- Ensure the lifting appliance is maintained in accordance with the maintenance program.
- Perform general maintenance as needed, in accordance with the maintenance program. For more technical maintenance this will be the responsibility of the Salvage Engineer and his subordinates
- Carry out a pre-use check of the lifting appliance
- Ensure necessary communication is established between all personnel involved in the operation
- Coordinate the lifting operation in relation to other on-going activities
- Report any damage to cranes, equipment, or the installation immediately to the Supervisor
- Be able to operate lattice boom, friction style, crawler cranes and rough terrain hydraulic cranes from floating platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualified candidates will comply with safety policies and guidelines
- Must be able to safely perform job duties in all types of weather conditions
- Effectively operate in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and/or passport
- TWIC or be able to obtain upon hire
- Current or able to obtain a national certified Crane Operator license.
- Friction and Hydraulic Crane NCCCO Certification required
Education and/ or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed Crane Operator
- 2+ years of Offshore experience preferred
- Experience on American cranes (e.g. American 9310, 11320) and Manitowoc 4100 and 3900 cranes preferred
- Experience on operating the heavy equipment from a floating platform
What We’re Looking For:
At Resolve Marine attitude is just as important as experience. We seek team members who bring their very best with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. In return, we strive to be the best in the industry, aspiring to create the best working culture for our employees. Our people, whether on our vessels or in the office, operate with safety in mind and maintain constant respect for each other and the environment. Ultimately, our collaborative culture and aligned teams are the key differentiators that enable us to exceed client and industry expectations. Join us in making the world’s oceans a safer and cleaner place!
If you are ready to join a winning team and take your career to the next level, Resolve Marine wants to hear from you.
Resolve Marine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this position is subject to a successful background and drug screening (where country applicable laws apply), as well as random drug testing procedures post-employment.