At Resolve, team members have the opportunity and support to grow as they become part of a dynamic team whose mission is to solve our client’s problems while making the world’s oceans cleaner and safer. As the maritime response and recovery industry continues to evolve, we recognize the contributions that trained and capable team members make to Resolve’s position as one of the world’s leading emergency response organizations. Join a team where your experience makes a difference!
The Mechanic is responsible for preventive and breakdown maintenance of machinery and equipment to support the operational needs of Resolve Marine. The Mechanic ensures all Service Records and Work Orders are maintained and performed on a regular basis and travels to field jobs as required. This position reports to the Project Manager when in the field and to the Facility Superintendent when not deployed.
- Repair equipment and perform preventive maintenance in accordance with company maintenance procedures and schedules
- Maintain Service Records and Work Orders for work performed on all motorized equipment and vessels
- Properly tag all equipment worked on with Green or Red tag indicating equipment status and pending items
- Assist Assets Department in the development of proper maintenance check items for all machinery to be serviced
- Inform the Shipyard Superintendent of parts or supplies that need to be purchased, put in requisitions for parts, identify vendors
- Ensure parts are charged to the proper job, equipment or floating asset
- Travel to field jobs to do regular preventative maintenance and repair broken equipment when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a mechanic required
- Must have knowledge of the following systems including, but not limited to, Detroit 671, 871, 1271
- Must have knowledge of gasoline engines, including 2 stroke Honda
- Must have Marine diesel engine experience
- Must have basic knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Some basic marine electrical experience required
- Certification courses in at least 2 diesel / mechanical repair areas
- Certificate training course from engine maker or equipment manufacturer preferred.
- Possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card
- First/Aid CPR
- Must have basic/working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Maintenance Connection software preferred, (DH4 a plus)
What We’re Looking For:
At Resolve Marine attitude is just as important as experience. We seek team members who bring their very best with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. In return, we strive to be the best in the industry, aspiring to create the best working culture for our employees. Our people, whether on our vessels or in the office, operate with safety in mind and maintain constant respect for each other and the environment. Ultimately, our collaborative culture and aligned teams are the key differentiators that enable us to exceed client and industry expectations. Join us in making the world’s oceans a safer and cleaner place!
If you are ready to join a winning team and take your career to the next level, Resolve Marine wants to hear from you.
Resolve Marine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this position is subject to a successful background and drug screening (where country applicable laws apply), as well as random drug testing procedures post-employment.