At Resolve, team members have the opportunity and support to grow as they become part of a dynamic team whose mission is to solve our client’s problems while making the world’s oceans cleaner and safer. As the maritime response and recovery industry continues to evolve, we recognize the contributions that trained and capable team members make to our position as one of the world’s leading emergency response organizations. Join a team where your experience makes a difference!
Position Summary: The Salvage Diver is responsible for carrying out dive operation as per instructions of Dive Supervisor / Salvage Master to support wreck removal and emergency response works. The Salvage Diver is a project-based position and requires domestic and International travel to project sites.
*This Salvage Diver job posting is a high-level overview of the many diver position levels that we employ internally here at Resolve Marine. The purpose of this posting is to gather resumes for future openings related to this position category. Once a position is available, candidates will be reviewed to determine the project needs, skill level required and the competency and fit for the position. This is in no way to be misconstrued as a valid and current opening and any specific level, at this time. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Underwater inspection to ascertain, quantify, document and report the condition of the vessel / marine structure
- Carry out under water cutting , drilling, burning and welding operations
- Fabrication of patches – installation of patches
- Carry out Blow down operations to restore buoyancy
- Underwater Fuel Removal using hot tap or other mechanism
- Water jetting to remove mud
- Black water diving
- Able to handle heavy rigging and install shackles, chains, slings underwater
- Ability to carry out Penetration dives
- Carry out standby duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualified candidates will comply with safety policies and guidelines
- Must be able to safely perform job duties in different types of weather conditions
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Effectively operate in a team environment.
- Top Side Fabrication
- Ability to operate various underwater hydraulic tools
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Current ADCI / ADCI Mixed gas / DCBC / IMCA license
- Current Dive Physical
- Valid First Aid, CPR and AED, O2 provider
- Bosiet along with Huet ( Preferred)
- Valid MMC with STCW training (Preferred)
- Valid DMT (Preferred)
- Underwater Welding certification ( Preferred)
Additional Preferred (Valid) Certifications:
- Forklift Operator’s license / Rigger Certification / Small boat operator / Hazard communication / Confined space entry / NDT certification
- OSHA 8hr Hazwoper ( 40 hrs preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Dive School Certification
- 5+ years experience as a commercial diver
- 3+ years as a salvage diver on wreck removal and emergency response jobs
- Experience with leading salvage companies preferred
- SurdO2 diving experience, Mixed gas experience preferred
- Diamond wire cutting, demolition experience preferred
What We’re Looking For:
At Resolve Marine, your attitude matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We look for people to bring their very best, a positive attitude, and resiliency to work. We strive to be the best in the industry, but we aspire to create the best working culture for our employees. We want our people, whether on our vessels or in the office, to always look ahead, remain mindful of safety and the environment, and be respectful towards each other because enjoying where we work and who we work with is what delivers success in everything we do.
Resolve Marine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this position is subject to a successful background and drug screening (where country applicable laws apply), as well as random drug testing procedures post-employment.